How to be a Better Bidder
Whether buying online or at one of our onsite auctions, the strategy to being a better bidder is the same:
- Take advantage of preview times to inspect the items you are interested in. Preview times are during our normal business hours for online auctions and site specific during onsite sales.
- Register to be a bidder.
- Understand auction terms and conditions.
- Know what you are going to do once you have won an item. How will you pay for it? How will you get it home?
- Ask questions.
- Need and item shipped? We offer in-house shipping on smaller items using the United States Postal Service (USPS) and will mail to the continental US. We will charge the actual shipping/insurance costs and a reasonable fee for handling & packing materials.
- Larger items and fragile items may also be shipped by UPS using their professional shipping and crating service (buyers will be charged delivery fee to take the item to the UPS store fee plus packing, shipping, or crating fees). If you are an out of state buyer, you will receive an invoice for the item that must be paid for prior to shipping. If you need the item shipped, we will pack it and send you an invoice for our boxing fee and the USPS/UPS shipping charges. We do not price UPS/USPS in advance of an auction. Once you are the winning bidder we will prep your item(s) for shipping, weigh them, and send you and invoice. The invoice must be paid in full prior to the item being shipped to you..
- We are traditionalist in the auction world and do NOT CHARGE A BUYER'S PREMIUM.
- All items sold online are subject to Michigan 6% sales tax. Live, onsite auctions are exempt from sales tax.
- Pickup the items you won from an online auction during normal business hours. All items won, must be picked up within 5 business days of the auction close or a storage fee will apply and you will not be able to bid again during one of our auctions until the account is settled and the item is picked up. Items won during an onsite auction must be paid for and removed the day of the sale.